Meaning of somebody
- A recognised or important person, a celebrity.
I'm tired of being a nobody – I want to be a somebody.
- Some unspecified person.
Somebody has to clean this mess up.
Information about somebody
- The plural form of somebody is: somebodies.
- Languages in which somebody is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of somebody
- It consists of 2 syllables and 8 chars.
- somebody is a word disyllabic because it has two syllables
Translation of somebody
- Spanish: alguien, algún, alguna, alguno, ser, humano, persona
- German: jemand, Mensch, Person, Individuum
- Portuguese: alguém, pessoa
- Italian: qualcuno, persona, individuo
- French: personne
Words that rhyme with somebody
Body, body, a'body, Peabody, abody, peabody, midbody, forebody, homebody, naebody, orebody, rebody, underforebody, widebody, dogbody, slungbody, bushbody, alloantibody, antiantibody, antibody, autoantibody, coproantibody, hemibody, heteroantibody, isoantibody, semibody, unibody, blackbody, coembody, disembody, embody, imbody, preembody, reembody, reimbody, inbody, nonbody, unbody, womanbody, auxobody, microbody, nobody, slipbody, afterbody, interbody, overbody, underbody, disbody, dogsbody, anybody