Meaning of dialing
- To control or select something with a dial, or (figuratively) as if with a dial.
President Trump has recently dialled down the rhetoric.
- To select a number, or to call someone, on a telephone.
In an emergency dial 999.
- To use a dial or a telephone.
Please be careful when dialling.
- The act by which a number is dialed.
- The art of constructing dials; the science of measuring time by dials.
- A method of surveying, especially in mines, in which the bearings of the courses, or the angles which they make with each other, are determined by means of the circumferentor; the use of a miner's dial.
Information about dialing
- The plural form of dialing is: dialings.
- Languages in which dialing is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of dialing
- It consists of 3 syllables and 7 chars.
- dialing is a word trisyllabic because it has three syllables
Anagrams of dialing
Words that rhyme with dialing
Ling, Coaling, Ealing, annealing, antiwhaling, appealing, autodialing, avaling, backpedaling, baling, bealing, berascaling, canaling, capitaling, charcoaling, coaling, concealing, congealing, countersealing, craaling, credentialing, crystaling, dealing, descaling, downscaling, embaling, empaling, ensealing, equaling, exhaling, fealing, foaling, forepaling, gealing, gimbaling, goaling, haling, healing, impaling, inhaling, initialing, instealing, interdealing, intervaling, journaling, keelhaling, kraaling, lateraling, localing, manstealing
Are you looking more rhymes for dialing? Try our rhymes search engine.