Meaning of theatres
- A place or building, consisting of a stage and seating, in which an audience gathers to watch plays, musical performances, public ceremonies, and so on.
- A region where a particular action takes place; a specific field of action, usually with reference to war.
His grandfather was in the Pacific theater during the war.
- A lecture theatre.
- An operating theatre or locale for human experimentation.
This man is about to die, get him into theater at once!
- A cinema.
We sat in the back row of the theater and threw popcorn at the screen.
- Drama or performance as a profession or art form.
I worked in theater for twenty-five years.
- Any place rising by steps like the seats of a theater.
Information about theatres
- It is a name.
- The singular form of theatres is: theatre.
- Languages in which theatres is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of theatres
- It consists of 2 syllables and 8 chars.
- theatres is a word disyllabic because it has two syllables
Anagrams of theatres
Words that rhyme with theatres
amphitheatres, indicatres, plectres, mismetres, petres, saltpetres, Accipitres, Pitres, goitres, maitres, titres, philtres, Jobcentres, Petioliventres, Sessiliventres, Skillcentres, antres, aventres, jobcentres, montres, nonentres, recentres, rencontres, skillcentres, Biotres, Chartres, Martres, dartres, Camestres, Conirostres, Cultirostres, Cultrirostres, Curvirostres, Dentirostres, Fissirostres, Lamellirostres, Latirostres, Myxogastres, Solenogastres, Tenuirostres, aplustres, camestres, dislustres, longirostres, outlustres, rustres, solenogastres, lettres, accoutres, feutres
Are you looking more rhymes for theatres? Try our rhymes search engine.