Meaning of takeup
- The act of taking something up, by tightening, absorption, or reeling in.
- (machinery) That which takes up or tightens; specifically, a device in a sewing machine or loom for drawing up the slack thread as the needle rises, in completing a stitch.
- Acceptance (of a proposal, offer, request, etc.).
the take-up of benefits by the unemployed
Information about takeup
- It is a name.
- The plural form of takeup is: takeups.
- Languages in which takeup is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of takeup
- It consists of 1 syllables and 6 chars.
- takeup is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
Anagrams of takeup
Words that rhyme with takeup
keup, makeup, nonmakeup, shakeup, sneakeup, wakeup
Are you looking more rhymes for takeup? Try our rhymes search engine.