Meaning of blend
- A mixture of two or more things.
Our department has a good blend of experienced workers and young promise.
- A word formed by combining two other words; a grammatical contamination, portmanteau word.
- To mingle; to mix; to unite intimately; to pass or shade insensibly into each other.
To make hummus you need to blend chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- To be mingled or mixed.
- To pollute by mixture or association; to spoil or corrupt; to blot; to stain.
Information about blend
- The plural form of blend is: blends.
- Languages in which blend is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of blend
- It consists of 1 syllables and 5 chars.
- blend is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
Meaning portmanteau word:
Translation of blend
- French: mélange, mixture, mixtion, mélanger, combiner, mêler, amalgamer, entremêler
- Spanish: mezcla, mezclar, combinar, fundir, fusionar, amalgamar
- German: Mischung, Gemenge, mengen, mischen, vermischen, zusammenmischen
- Italian: miscela, mischiare, mescolare, fondere, combinare
Anagrams of blend
Words that rhyme with blend
Are you looking more rhymes for blend? Try our rhymes search engine.