Meaning of stung
- To hurt, usually by introducing poison or a sharp point, or both.
Right so came out an adder of a little heathbush, and it stung a knight in the foot.
- (of an insect) To bite.
- (sometimes figurative) To hurt, to be in pain.
My hand stings after knocking on the door so long.
- To cause harm or pain to.
I thought I could park in front of the hotel, but they stung me for five pounds!
Information about stung
- It is a verb.
- Languages in which stung is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of stung
- It consists of 1 syllables and 5 chars.
- stung is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, pissed, riled, roiled, steamed
Anagrams of stung
Words that rhyme with stung
Tung, tung, Telukbetung, Kwangtung, Belitung, Gleichschaltung, Antung, Kwantung, Nantung, Shantung, shantung, Liaotung, outstung, restung, unstung, Butung, hutung
Are you looking more rhymes for stung? Try our rhymes search engine.