Meaning of quadrature
- The process of making something square; squaring.
- The act or process of constructing a square that has the same area as a given plane figure, or of computing that area.
- (numerical analysis) The calculation of a definite integral by numerical means.
- The act or process of solving an indefinite integral by symbolic means.
- A situation in which the directions of two celestial bodies (or a celestial body and the Sun) form a right-angle from the perspective of the observer.
When the Moon is in quadrature, it appears in the sky as a half-moon.
- The condition in which the phase angle between two alternating quantities is 90°.
- A painting painted on a wooden panel.
Information about quadrature
- It is a name.
- The plural form of quadrature is: quadratures.
- Languages in which quadrature is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of quadrature
- It consists of 3 syllables and 10 chars.
- quadrature is a word trisyllabic because it has three syllables
Words that rhyme with quadrature
Nature, Provature, Quadrature, abature, abbreviature, acciaccature, acclimature, accordature, adjudicature, alcoholature, antecurvature, antestature, antinature, appoggiature, arcature, armature, binomenclature, breviature, calliature, candidature, caricature, celature, claviature, clericature, climature, cofeature, colature, colorature, connature, contemperature, contemplature, corporature, countersignature, creature, crenature, crispature, cubature, curvature, declinature, decurvature, dedicature, defeature, delineature, demarcature, denature, dictature, disarmature, disfeature, disnature, distemperature
Are you looking more rhymes for quadrature? Try our rhymes search engine.