Meaning of leak
- A crack, crevice, fissure, or hole which admits water or other fluid, or lets it escape.
a leak in a boat
- The entrance or escape of a fluid through a crack, fissure, or other aperture.
The babies' diapers had big leaks.
- A divulgation, or disclosure, of information previously held secret.
The leaks by Chelsea Manning showed the secrets of the US military.
- The person through whom such divulgation, or disclosure, occurs.
The press must have learned about the plan through a leak.
- A loss of electricity through imperfect insulation, or the point where it occurs.
- The gradual loss of a system resource caused by failure to deallocate previously reserved portions.
- (especially with the verb "take") An act of urination.
I have to take a leak.
- To allow fluid or gas to pass through an opening that should be sealed.
The faucet has been leaking since last month.
- (of a fluid or gas) To pass through an opening that should be sealed.
No one realized that propane gas was leaking from a rusty tank in the concession area, slowly filling the unventilated room.
- To disclose secret information surreptitiously or anonymously.
Someone must have leaked it to our competitors that the new product will be out soon.
Information about leak
- The plural form of leak is: leaks.
- Languages in which leak is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of leak
- It consists of 1 syllables and 4 chars.
- leak is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
Translation of leak
- French: fuite, fuir, leaker, fuiter
- Spanish: escape, fuga, gotear, filtrar, informador, soplón
- Italian: falla, fessura, apertura, perdere, colare, informatore, indiscrezione
- German: Leck, lecken, durchsickern
- Portuguese: vazar
Anagrams of leak
Words that rhyme with leak
Are you looking more rhymes for leak? Try our rhymes search engine.