Meaning of goal
- A result that one is attempting to achieve.
My lifelong goal is to get into a Hollywood movie.
- In many sports, an area into which the players attempt to put an object.
- The act of placing the object into the goal.
- A point scored in a game as a result of placing the object into the goal.
- A noun or noun phrase that receives the action of a verb. The subject of a passive verb or the direct object of an active verb. Also called a patient, target, or undergoer.
To score a goal.
Information about goal
- The plural form of goal is: goals.
- Languages in which goal is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of goal
- It consists of 1 syllables and 4 chars.
- goal is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
Translation of goal
- German: Ziel, Tor
- French: but, objectif
- Spanish: meta, portería, anotar, gol
- Italian: traguardo, obiettivo, meta, rete, segnare, gol
Anagrams of goal
Words that rhyme with goal
Are you looking more rhymes for goal? Try our rhymes search engine.