Meaning of ebb
- The receding movement of the tide.
The boats will go out on the ebb.
- A gradual decline.
- A low state; a state of depression.
- A European bunting, the corn bunting (Emberiza calandra, syns. Emberiza miliaria, Milaria calandra).
- To flow back or recede
The tides ebbed at noon.
- To fall away or decline
The dying man's strength ebbed away.
- To fish with stakes and nets that serve to prevent the fish from getting back into the sea with the ebb
- To cause to flow back.
Information about ebb
- The plural form of ebb is: ebbs.
- Languages in which ebb is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of ebb
- It consists of 1 syllables and 3 chars.
- ebb is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
Translation of ebb
Words that rhyme with ebb
Are you looking more rhymes for ebb? Try our rhymes search engine.