Meaning of dabble
- A spattering or sprinkling of a liquid.
- An act of splashing in soft mud, water, etc.
- An act of participation in an activity in a casual or superficial way.
- To make slightly wet or soiled by spattering or sprinkling a liquid (such as water, mud, or paint) on it; to bedabble.
- To cause splashing by moving a body part like a bill or limb in soft mud, water, etc., often playfully; to play in shallow water; to paddle.
The children sat on the dock and dabbled their feet in the water.
- To participate or have an interest in an activity in a casual or superficial way.
She’s an actress by trade, but has been known to dabble in poetry.
- To interfere or meddle in; to tamper with.
Information about dabble
- The plural form of dabble is: dabbles.
- Languages in which dabble is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of dabble
- It consists of 2 syllables and 6 chars.
- dabble is a word disyllabic because it has two syllables
bespatter, besprinkle, spatter
Words that rhyme with dabble
Eurobabble, Scrabble, babble, bedabble, bedrabble, brabble, cabble, countergabble, drabble, ecobabble, eurobabble, gabble, gibblegabble, gnabble, grabble, habble, hardscrabble, jabble, knabble, mabble, outbabble, outgabble, pabble, prabble, psychobabble, rabble, scabble, scrabble, shabble, snabble, squabble, swabble, technobabble, undergabble, wabble, yabble, pebble, prebble, Ribble, bedribble, bescribble, bibble, cribble, curwhibble, dibble, dribble, fribble, gribble, kibble, nibble
Are you looking more rhymes for dabble? Try our rhymes search engine.