Meaning of backup
- help or support.
no police backup could be expected
- a copy of a file or other item of data made in case the original is lost or damaged.
make a backup of any important files
a backup copy
- an accumulation of something caused by a blockage, as in traffic or water.
there are long backups on all routes
Information about backup
- It is a name.
- The plural form of backup is: backups.
- Languages in which backup is used:
(Press the button to hear it)
Hyphenation of backup
- It consists of 1 syllables and 6 chars.
- backup is a word monosyllabic because it has one syllable
Meaning the action of helping someone to do something:
Meaning the action of helping someone by sharing work:
Meaning help, typically of a practical nature:
Meaning extra personnel sent to increase the strength of an army or similar force:
Meaning a member of the military reserve:
Translation of backup
Words that rhyme with backup
Are you looking more rhymes for backup? Try our rhymes search engine.